NSWTOx Youth

A place for Information and Resources relating to Youth 12 - 25 years old to be exchanged.
www.flickr.com

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 14

Boat building sets young lives on course

Damian McGill reported on the “Scruffie” sailboat project,funded through HYPAR and was delivered by TAFE Outreach in partnership with Shoalhaven PCYC, in the South Coast Register, (December 13, 2006, p7). According McGill, Aaron said
"I have more confidence. Without TAFE I don't think I would have had this opportunity".

Another participant Nathan said:
"Helping to build the boat has shown me that I can accomplish anything"

McGill continues on:
The success of the sailboat-building program shows how important TAFE is to an area like the Shoalhaven
He expresses some concern that "The squeeze on resources has eroded TAFE's commitment to access, equity and social justice..."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home